Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Upper Room Daily Devotions ~ Wednesday, 30 October 2013 ~ “ABC Prayers” ~ READ: Philippians !


Upper Room Daily Devotions ~ Wednesday, 30 October 2013 ~ “ABC Prayers” ~ READ: Philippians !:3 I thank my God whenever I remember you, 4 always in every request of mine on behalf of you all making my requests with joy, 5 for your partnership‡ in furtherance of the Good News from the first day until now; 6 being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Yeshua the Messiah. 7 It is even right for me to think this way on behalf of all of you, because I have you in my heart, because, both in my bonds and in the defense and confirmation of the Good News, you all are partakers with me of grace. 8 For God is my witness, how I long after all of you in the tender mercies of Messiah Yeshua.
9 This I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and all discernment; 10 so that you may approve the things that are excellent; that you may be sincere and without offense to the day of Messiah; 11 being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are through Yeshua the Messiah, to the glory and praise of God.(Messianic WEB)
Paul wrote, “I thank God, whom I serve, as my ancestors did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers.”~-2 Timothy 1:3 (NIV)
For some reason I have been waking up in the middle of the night, staring at the ceiling, and wondering why I am awake. I’m tired. I have to get up early. What am I to do? A few nights ago, I remembered a friend’s suggestion about ABC prayers. I began with the letter A and thought of people whose name begins with A. Then I prayed specifically for their needs and asked God to touch their lives. Then I moved on to B. I remember reaching the letter M, but the rest is a blur. I was snoozing peacefully again. This exercise reminds me of the joy and peace we find in praying for others. In our small Sunday school class, we post weekly prayer requests. We have been amazed to see the power of our prayers at work. Talking with God, submitting our sincere requests for God’s help and guidance for our friends and family, leads to amazing results or even, as in my case, it can lead to a calming and peaceful sleep.~~The Author ~ Sherah B. Carr (Georgia, USA)
Thought for the Day: We receive unexpected blessings when we meet God in prayer.
Prayer: Dear God, thank you for hearing our prayers at all times of the day or night. Amen.
Prayer Focus: Those suffering insomnia
~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment