Thursday, April 19, 2018

"A prayer till the storm passes by" by Stephen M. Miller in Olathe, Kansas, United States for Thursday, 19 April 2018 - Bible blog of award-winning bestselling Christian author, Stephen M. Miller.

Stephen M. Miller
"A prayer till the storm passes by" by Stephen M. Miller in Olathe, Kansas, United States for Thursday, 19 April 2018 - Bible blog of award-winning bestselling Christian author, Stephen M. Miller.
"A prayer till the storm passes by" by Stephen M. Miller
LOOK UP. Last week I watched the clouds blow by after a Kansas storm at sunset. I had to set them to music and a prayer. Cue Psalms for a prayer and a praise. Video screen shot by Stephen M. Miller.
STORMS SWEPT THROUGH TOWN last week. They dropped rain and hail. Then they left a trail of clouds that got my attention.
I grabbed my camera, attached the zoom lens, and then set them up on a tripod in my front yard.
Then I hit the record button.
The 4K video started picking up some beautiful choreography in the sky, while I did nothing but sit there and marvel at it, hoping the camera could possibly catch it and do it justice.
When I saw the video, I knew I had to share it.
But how?
I started looking at psalms in the Bible, trying to find something that fit the theme of sky and clouds.
Did you know most psalms aren’t happy ones?
Most are sad or angry or some version of “Help me!”
Oddly, it seems to me, most of those downer songs we call psalms don’t end on a sour note. They turn their song around and end up by saying good things, like “Thank you, God, for being there.”
I picked a couple of excerpts from Psalms, which I paraphrased for the Casual English Bible. Then I read them into a microphone, recording them so I could play them with the clouds rolling in the background.
A cry for help
Here are the lyrics from the psalms.
“Please help me, God. Help me.
I bring my soul to you
for the safety and refuge I need.
Here I am, God, hiding in the shadow of your wings.
I’ll stay here till the storm passes by.
God, you are above everything to me.
I hold you higher than the highest heavens in the sky.
If I could measure your faithfulness to me
It would reach to the clouds, as high as the sky.” (Psalm 57:1-3, 5, Casual English Bible)
“Well, I say Praise the Lord!
Sky above, sing his praises.
Angels, sing along.
Sun and moon, sing that song.
Every twinkling star, sing along.
Praise him, skies above.
Praise him, clouds and every raindrop waiting to fall.
Everyone and everything, go ahead.
Right out loud. Praise the Lord.” (Psalm 148:1-5, Casual English Bible)
Winners of free books
  • Pete Hernandez
  • Jack White
I give away free books every week to randomly selected Stateside subscribers to my free blog or my quarterly newsletter.
Winners now get to choose from a stack of titles, including my most recent: A Visual Walk Through Genesis and one of my bestsellers: Complete Guide to the Bible.
Note to the winner: send me an email and I’ll give you the full list of books from which you can choose.
The deal’s good for a month, or for as long as I have giveaway books available.
The post A prayer till the storm passes by appeared first on Stephen M. Miller
Recent Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment