Thursday, October 29, 2015

"Say something nice for a change" by Stephen M. Miller Bible blog of award-winning bestselling Christian author, Stephen M. Miller. for Thursday, 29 October 2015

 "Say something nice for a change" by Stephen M. Miller Bible blog of award-winning bestselling Christian author, Stephen M. Miller. for Thursday, 29 October 2015

POWER OF A KIND WORD. Without intending it as a compliment, I said something kind to someone this week. The light that suddenly beamed out from that soul caught me off guard. Then it occurred to me: I should probably say kind stuff more often. Photo by Amgad Fahmi, flickr, CC 2.0.
I CAN’T TELL YOU what I said to someone yesterday. It would embarrass the person to which I said it.
But I’ll tell you this. After I spoke the words, it was like someone turned a light bulb on inside that person.
Huge beaming smile. Huge.
I was just stating a fact, not an opinion of any sort. But that fact apparently threw a switch, turned on the spotlight, and transfigured the person into a glowing soul who suddenly felt important and beloved. Which, of course, that person is.
The reaction caught me by surprise. I don’t see that kind of thing often enough. Perhaps because I don’t say that kind of thing often enough.
The kind of light I saw in the other person radiates. I got lit up too—by merely seeing the other person react to my words.
So I spent some time thinking about my words and about what God’s Word has to say about our words.
Gracious words are like a honeycomb,
sweetness to the soul and health to the body.
Proverbs 16:24
Say only what helps, each word a gift.
Ephesians 4:29
The right word at the right time—beautiful!
Proverbs 17:23
For more about encouraging others
Blog subscribers who win books this week
Melissa Justice
Carla Spraggins
I give away free books each week to randomly selected subscribers to my free blog and quarterly newsletter.
Winners get the option of choosing my new release: A Quick Guided Tour Through the Bible – among about half a dozen other titles.
The post Say something nice for a change appeared first on Stephen M. Miller.

Recent Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment