Thursday, October 29, 2015

November Connection at Blue Hills Community Church of the Nazarene in Kansas City, Missouri, United States for Wednesday, 28 October 2015 - November is Family & Friends Month!

November Connection at Blue Hills Community Church of the Nazarene in Kansas City, Missouri, United States for Wednesday, 28 October 2015 - November is Family & Friends Month!

Greetings,
We are very excited to begin a monthly newsletter! Our mission is to keep you informed of activities and events by every means at our disposal. With our website, bluehillschurch.org, Facebook, and now our newsletter, we are striving to accomplish this mission. Any ideas or suggestions for future publications are welcome, and may be submitted to Sis. Lela Jackson or emailed the Editor.
Lela Jackson,
Editor

Jersey Sunday
Wear your jersey for your favorite team onNovember 1st, and invite a friend to do the same. Let's pack the house for #TeamJesus regardless of the sports team you choose to support. #GoRoyals

A Generation Like Jeremiah
Second Sunday, Malia Johnson will bring the Word for people of all ages who are seeking God with a fire shut up in their bones. Extraordinary Praise will also minister and youth will be in position throughout the service. Please invite youth and young at heart to receive the powerful Word for this day.

Thanksgiving Sunday
During the month of November, everyone is asked to write down things they are thankful for and hang them on the Thanksgiving Tree which the Children's Department will present on November 15. Let's celebrate the blessings of the Lord with our family and friends!

Men's Sunday
From the door to the pulpit, the men are taking over! Special music by the Men's Ensemble, and a Word to call men into their destiny. Invite your uncles, fathers, sons, nephews, neighbors and friends for a morning of transformation.

Gift Sunday
Each person who attends will receive a gift. We appreciate you, from our guests to our full time staff, we thank you for being in attendance. As we close out Thanksgiving month, let's not forget to thank God each and every day for the gifts He continually showers upon us.
The Presence of God
Did you miss Pastor Winston Lott's sermon on Sunday, October 11? What a powerful message about being in the presence of God. Take a moment to watch the short video of his sermon on ourFacebook page. He referenced Psalm 16, Romans4:17, and Ezekiel 1 25:27 ( just to name a few). Pastor Winston spoke about the awesome relationship Adam had with God before Adam allowed sin to enter. We all know the story about Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Adam, as we know, was created in God's image. Adam could walk beside God in the cool of the day and have conversations! Adam could call upon God anytime and God would be in his presence, to walk and talk with him. The Bible tells us that God had fire coming out of Him! Imagine if you can, walking beside God and because He has fire, you have fire! When Adam was in God's presence, says Pastor Winston, Adam also had fire. But sin caused man to be incompatible with God. Adam was no longer compatible with God. No flesh should glory in God's presence. (1 Corinthians 1:29). But wasn't that an awesome privilege God had given Adam? Don't we all desire to be in God's presence? To have assurance that when we call upon Him, He speaks to us? "Create in me a clean heart, O God." (Psalm 51). Christ brought us back so we can have a relationship with Him. Although death came into our lives though one man, now life also comes through one man. (I Corinthians 15:21-23). Let's live in His presence where there is fullness of joy![Lela Jackson]
Upcoming Events
  • Movie & Trunk or TreatBring your car outSaturday, October 31 fills with treats. The Best decorated car will receive a prize!
  • Youth DayAll youth are invited to come out and work at Worlds of Fun for an evening to help raise funds for ministry at Blue Hills Church. See Minister Joyce Dixon to sign up.
  • Baking RollsThe women's ministry is hosting the annual baking day for dinner rolls. You are invited to participate in baking on Saturday, November 21 @ 8 am, or see Pat Nelson to purchase your rolls for Thanksgiving.
  • Thanksgiving BoxesWe are collecting food for our annual Thanksgiving Box giveaway. Click here to watch the news clip on the need in Kansas City. Look for the collection box in the main foyer.
Youth Revival
September 18, 19 & 20
In the words of our youth:"What he said was really powerful! It amazed me even more because he was my age and I wanted to be more like him. Made me want to change my ways and get closer to the man upstairs!"[Derron]
"It was very inspirational. I felt blessed and free to do whatever I wanted to do how I wanted to do it. Afterward, the way I talked to people changed and I am doing stuff for other people instead or worrying about myself so much."[Diamond]
"It got me closer to God and I think we should have more youth speakers. We should have another one soon cause I think it moved certain kids in the church who were going through stuff. They didn't want to talk to anyone in the church about it but they could talk to Christ about it."[Jamaya]
I was seeing kids changing because they were praising God. The praise dance changed me because it felt like God was talking to me.[Isaac]
"I think this is something we should do every month cause it's something that really helps young people. It really does help us connect and understand and find that personal relationship all of us need to have."[Lexi]
"The youth revival was something of an eye opener to me. It showed me things that I would have never thought of seeing. I learned that changing for the good is not always as simple as it may seem. It was a powerful moment in my life and ever since then I've been hungry for more. My spirit is stronger for sure, I know because I am seeing things differently. Yes, I get distracted but I try my hardest to keep steady and kill the flesh. It will be a moment I express to my children as eye opening and a sign to get my life together becausetomorrow is not promised."[Marlon]
Women's Retreat
Blue Hills Ladies had a really great time at the Women's Retreat. Patricia Nelson of the Women's Ministry says you will have another opportunity next year if you were not able to attend this year. Those who signed up traveled to the Ozarks on Friday, October 2nd and returned on Sunday, October 4th.
Member Highlight: Malia Johnson
I attend the University of Missouri Kansas-City and my major is Journalism. Writing is my passion and when I graduate I hope to write for a magazine, blog, or newspaper. Although I was physically saved at the age of seven, I wasn’t spiritually saved until the age of eighteen on September 19th 2015. On that date, my life changed dramatically because of a prophetic message that was spoken over my life. I came to realize that God had called me into a powerful purpose and destiny. God pulled me out of the darkness and pushed me into the light. I didn’t have the strength to run from God anymore and I could no longer be rebellious towards him. I was on a path of destruction and now I’m on a path of transformation. Although I was backed into a corner, I am now following God by choice. I’m definitely doing it for him but I’m also changing for myself, my family, my former pastor, my church, and my generation. Fulfilling my purpose before I leave this earth is a must and I have submitted myself to do whatever it takes to get there.
If you enjoyed this newsletter, please consider sharing.
ShareTweetForward+1
Read Later
Give Online
Scheduled Sunday Services
Sunday School ............................................
9:00 a.m. - 9:45 a.m.
Morning Worship Service ............................................
10:00 a.m.
Children's Church
..........................
11:00 a.m. (3rd and 4th Sundays only)
Wednesday Evening Services
Bible Study ............................................
7:00 p.m.
Junior Fellowship (Children) ....................................
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
N.Y.I. (Youth) ............................................
6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Our mailing address is:
Blue Hills Community Church

10306 Blue Ridge Boulevard
Kansas City, Missouri 64134 United States
____________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment