Saturday, November 28, 2015

Reflecting God - "But God" - The Global Church of the Nazarene of Leawood, Kansas, United States for Saturday, 28 November 2015 - Embrace Holy Living - Scripture: Psalm 143:1-12

Reflecting God - "But God" - The Global Church of the Nazarene of Leawood, Kansas, United States for Saturday, 28 November 2015 - Embrace Holy Living - Scripture: Psalm 143:1-12RG AUDIO 112815
Psalm 143:
(0) A psalm of David:
(1) Adonai, hear my prayer;
listen to my pleas for mercy.
In your faithfulness, answer me,
and in your righteousness.
2 Don’t bring your servant to trial,
since in your sight no one alive
would be considered righteous.
3 For an enemy is pursuing me;
he has crushed my life into the ground
and left me to live in darkness,
like those who have been long dead.
4 My spirit faints within me;
my heart is appalled within me.
5 I remember the days of old,
reflecting on all your deeds,
thinking about the work of your hands.
6 I spread out my hands to you,
I long for you like a thirsty land. (Selah)
7 Answer me quickly, Adonai,
because my spirit is fainting.
Don’t hide your face from me,
or I’ll be like those who drop down into a pit.
8 Make me hear of your love in the morning,
because I rely on you.
Make me know the way I should walk,
because I entrust myself to you.
9 Adonai, rescue me from my enemies;
I have hidden myself with you.
10 Teach me to do your will,
because you are my God;
Let your good Spirit guide me
on ground that is level.
11 For your name’s sake, Adonai, preserve my life;
in your righteousness, bring me out of distress.
12 In your grace, cut off my enemies;
destroy all those harassing me;
because I am your servant.
"But God" by Author: Jane Owen
In our lifetimes, we will face seasons of grief and distress. None of us is exempt. A few years ago, I discovered an overcoming truth during such a season in my own life. The enemy sought to destroy our family in such a devastating way that pressing darkness threatened to overpower me. I cried to the Lord like David in Psalm 143 and tenaciously clung to the Lord.
One morning while reading Ephesians 2, these words from the fourth verse stood out: “God, who is rich in mercy.” I felt light flooding my heart with this realization: No matter the darkness, But God! Despite the deep sorrow, But God! Beyond any troubling circumstance, But God!
What joy! The Lord heard my prayers for mercy and relief, and His faithful lovingkindness strengthened me.
Let us choose to rejoice in our faithful Lord. Even when the gloom of loss envelops us, His mercy brings comforting release from life's heaertbreak. He alone is our strong refuge in any storm. Those looming waves and deafening winds may signal defeat: but God!
The Hymn for Today: "In Heavenly Love Abiding" by Anna L. Waring.
1. In heavenly love abiding,
no change my heart shall fear;
and safe is such confiding,
for nothing changes here:
the storm may roar about me;
my heart may low be laid;
but God is round about me,
and can I be dismayed?
2. Wherever He may guide me,
no want shall turn me back;
my Shepherd is beside me,
and nothing can I lack;
His wisdom is forever,
His sight is never dim;
His will forms each endeavor,
and I will walk with Him.
3. Green pastures are before me,
which yet I have not seen;
bright skies will soon be o'er me,
where the dark clouds have been:
My life I cannot measure,
the path of life is free;
my Savior has my treasure,
and He will walk with me.
Thought for Today:"8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in that the Messiah died on our behalf while we were still sinners." [Romans 5:8].
Please pray:For the child development programs that minister to children in Mesoamerica.
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment