Monday, November 30, 2015

Reflecting God - "Ask—Seek—Knock" The Global Church of the Nazarene of Lenexa, Kansas, United States for Sunday, 29 November 2015 - Embrace Holy Living - Scripture: Matthew 6:5-14, 7:7-12

Reflecting God - "Ask—Seek—Knock" The Global Church of the Nazarene of Lenexa, Kansas, United States for Sunday, 29 November 2015 - Embrace Holy Living - Scripture: Matthew 6:5-14, 7:7-12
RG AUDIO 112915
Matthew 6:
5 “When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites, who love to pray standing in the synagogues and on street corners, so that people can see them. Yes! I tell you, they have their reward already! 6 But you, when you pray, go into your room, close the door, and pray to your Father in secret. Your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
7 “And when you pray, don’t babble on and on like the pagans, who think God will hear them better if they talk a lot. 8 Don’t be like them, because your Father knows what you need before you ask him. 9 You, therefore, pray like this:
‘Our Father in heaven!
    May your Name be kept holy.
10 May your Kingdom come,
    your will be done on earth as in heaven.
11 Give us the food we need today.
12 Forgive us what we have done wrong,
    as we too have forgiven those who have wronged us.
13 And do not lead us into hard testing,
    but keep us safe from the Evil One.
[Matthew 6:13 The latter half of verse 13 is not found in the oldest manuscripts.]For kingship, power and glory are yours forever.
Amen.’
14 For if you forgive others their offenses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you;
7:1 “Keep asking, and it will be given to you; keep seeking, and you will find; keep knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who keeps asking receives; he who keeps seeking finds; and to him who keeps knocking, the door will be opened. 9 Is there anyone here who, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will give him a stone? 10 or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 So if you, even though you are bad, know how to give your children gifts that are good, how much more will your Father in heaven keep giving good things to those who keep asking him!
12 “Always treat others as you would like them to treat you; that sums up the teaching of the Torah and the Prophets.
"Ask—Seek—Knock" by Author: Jane Owen
Jesus said, “Ask and it will be given to you” (Matthew 7:7). Do we dare believe His invitation? Too many times, we look for answers from others before bringing our requests to the Lord. Jesus encouraged us to ask without hesitation because of our Father’s love (John 16:27). Let us ask, but not with one eye on heaven and the other on the wind and waves!
Jesus said, “Seek and you will find” (Matthew 7:7). Our faith motivates us to “keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God” (Colossians 3:1, NASB). With our eye of faith trained on His finished work at Calvary, we can seek our answers with persistent praise. Remember, Jesus himself lives to intercede for us (see Hebrews 7:25)!
Jesus said, “Knock and the door will be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7). When we knock at His door, do we expect it to open? He promises: “For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened” (v. 8). Everyone means each of us.
Dear brithers and sisters in Christ, let us ask, seek, and knock because He who promised is faithful (see Hebrews 10:23)!
Hymn for Today: "Sweet Hour of Prayer" by William W. Walford
1. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 
that calls me from a world of care, 
and bids me at my Father's throne 
make all my wants and wishes known. 
In seasons of distress and grief, 
my soul has often found relief, 
and oft escaped the tempter's snare 
by thy return, sweet hour of prayer! 
2. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 
the joys I feel, the bliss I share 
of those whose anxious spirits burn 
with strong desires for thy return! 
With such I hasten to the place 
where God my Savior shows his face, 
and gladly take my station there, 
and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer! 
3. Sweet hour of prayer! sweet hour of prayer! 
thy wings shall my petition bear 
to him whose truth and faithfulness 
engage the waiting soul to bless. 
And since he bids me seek his face, 
believe his word, and trust his grace, 
I'll cast on him my every care, 
and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer! 
"24 Therefore, I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, trust that you are receiving it, and it will be yours.
" [Mark 11:24].
Please pray:
For the ministry of caring for widows and orphans in Mesoamerica.
---------------------
"The Outlaw's Prayer" by Johnny Paycheck
You know, I worked the Big Packet show
In Fort Worth, Saturday night
We had all day Sunday to rest and relax
Before I caught another flight
So I decided to walk downtown
An' get myself a little fresh air
Before long, I found myself in front of a big Church
On the corner of the square
Boy, I could hear that singin' way out in the street
It wure was a beautiful sound
So I just walked up the steps
An' opened the door an' started to go inside an' sit down
But before I could, a young man walked over to me
An' said, "Excuse me, sir
But I can't let you in with that big black hat
Those jeans, that beard an' long hair
So I just left, went back outside
Sat down on that curb
An' I thought to myself, that's the house of the Lord
That guy's got a hell of a nerve
Tellin' me I can't worship anywhere I please
So right there, in front of that Church
I just knelt down on my knees
I said, Lord, I know I don't look like much
But I didn't think You'd mind
I just wanted to be with your people, Lord
It's been a long time
A while ago, I saw a wino over there in the alley
All bent over in tears
An' I thought how one stained glass window from this Church
Would feed his family for years
Then there's those fine cars parked outside
Too many for me to count
Made me think how people walked for days
To hear Your sermon on the mountain
Then there's those fine ladies in the choir, Lord
Singin' like they really love it
Hell, last night, they were dancin' on the front row of my show
Drinkin' beer and screamin', Sing Shove It!
You know, even John the Baptist
Wouldn't be welcome in this place
With his coat made of camel hair
An' sandals on his feet an' a long beard on his face
You know, Lord, when You come back to get Your children
An' take 'em beyond the clouds
To live forever in Heaven with Ya
Well, I'd sure hate to be in this crowd
You know, Lord, I'm not perfect
Some even call me No Account'
But I'll tell You, I believe a man is judged
By what's in his heart, not his bank account
So if this is what religion is
A big car and a suit an' a tie
Then I might as well forget it Lord
'Cause I can't qualify
Oh, by the way, Lord, right before they kicked me out
Didn't I see a picture of You?
With sandals an' a beard?
Believe You had long hair too"
Well, this is Paycheck, signing off
I'll be seein' you Lord, I hope
---------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment