Saturday, December 31, 2016

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "God's People" by Charles Tillman Sr. for Saturday, 31 December 2016 with Scripture:Jeremiah 31:31-37

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "God's People" by Charles Tillman Sr. for Saturday, 31 December 2016 with Scripture:Jeremiah 31:31-37
-------
"God's People" by Charles Tillman Sr.
Jeremiah 31:31 (32) It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers on the day I took them by their hand and brought them out of the land of Egypt; because they, for their part, violated my covenant, even though I, for my part, was a husband to them,” says Adonai. 32 (33) “For this is the covenant I will make with the house of Isra’el after those days,” says Adonai: “I will put my Torah within them and write it on their hearts; I will be their God, and they will be my people. 33 (34) No longer will any of them teach his fellow community member or his brother, ‘Know Adonai’; for all will know me, from the least of them to the greatest; because I will forgive their wickednesses and remember their sins no more.”
34 (35) This is what Adonai says,
who gives the sun as light for the day,
who ordained the laws for the moon and stars
to provide light for the night,
who stirs up the sea until its waves roar —
Adonai-Tzva’ot is his name:
35 (36) “If these laws leave my presence,” says Adonai,
“then the offspring of Isra’el will stop being
a nation in my presence forever.”
36 (37) This is what Adonai says:
“If the sky above can be measured
and the foundations of the earth be fathomed,
then I will reject all the offspring of Isra’el
for all that they have done,” says Adonai.
37 (38) “Look, the days are coming,” says Adonai, “when the city will be rebuilt for Adonai from the Tower of Hanan’el to the Corner Gate.
-------
The first covenant was made with the Israelites after their deliverance from their oppressors in Egypt. It was written guide that they could see and touch. These commandments were intended to serve as a guide to the Israelites, to teach them right from wrong.
However, Jeremiah foretold of another day when a second covenant would reinforce the first (verses 31-34). This covenant would not be visible, but spiritual-written on the hearts of all God's people. At Pentecost, God gave His Holy Spirit to lead, guide, and empower. His Spirit is available to those who profess the name of Christ.
You are never alone, nor do you have to make the tough decisions of life alone. God is an ever-present help in the time of trouble. As you prepare to embark on the challenges of a new year, know that His grace will not lead you where His Spirit cannot keep you. Remember the words of Jesus to His disciples: "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age" (Matthew 28:20).
-------
Hymn for Today: "O for a Heart to Praise My God" by Charles Wesley
1. O for a heart to praise my God, 
a heart from sin set free, 
a heart that always feels thy blood 
so freely shed for me.
2. A heart resigned, submissive, meek, 
my great Redeemer's throne, 
where only Christ is heard to speak, 
where Jesus reigns alone.
3. A humble, lowly, contrite heart, 
believing, true, and clean, 
which neither life nor death can part 
from Christ who dwells within.
4. A heart in every thought renewed 
and full of love divine, 
perfect and right and pure and good, 
a copy, Lord, of thine.
5. Thy nature, gracious Lord, impart; 
come quickly from above; 
write thy new name upon my heart, 

thy new, best name of Love.
-------
Thought for Today: Proverbs 3:3 Do not let grace and truth leave you —
bind them around your neck;
write them on the tablet of your heart.
-------
Please Pray: For the development of Christian leaders in Ireland.
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment