Friday, December 30, 2016

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Psalm 119 (22)" Bible Reading: Psalm 119:169-176 for Friday, December 30th, 2016.

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Psalm 119 (22)Bible Reading: Psalm 119:169-176 for Friday, December 30th, 2016.
Psalm 119:ת (Tav)
169 Let my cry come before you, Adonai;
in keeping with your word, give me understanding.
170 Let my prayer come before you;
in keeping with your promise, rescue me.
171 Let my lips speak praise,
because you teach me your laws.
172 Let my tongue sing of your promise,
because all your mitzvot are righteous.
173 Let your hand be ready to help me,
because I choose your precepts.
174 I long for your deliverance, Adonai;
and your Torah is my delight.
175 Let me live, and I will praise you;
let your rulings help me.
176 I strayed like a lost sheep; seek out your servant;
for I do not forget your mitzvot.
-------
Today is the last devotion in our series based on Psalm 119. The writer starts this section by crying to God for help. Then in verse 176 he says, "I have wandered away like a lost sheep. Come and find me."
That reminds me of our dog, Goldie. Sometimes she would find the gate to our yard open just a little. She would use her paw to open it wider and run away. Then she would get lost. When we noticed that she was gone, we would search for her all over town until we found her.
Sometimes in life we are like Goldie. We see an opportunity to disobey God. It looks exciting and fun. But then later we realize that we have made a mistake and need to find our way back to God.
Maybe you are wandering in a world of sin. Maybe you think your sin is so bad that God could not love and forgive you. Remember that God always loves you and He is waiting for you to return to Him. Turn to God today![BH]
"In the same way, I tell you, heaven is a happy place
when one sinner decides to change."[Luke 15:7a]

PRAYER: Lord, thank You for Your great love and forgiveness. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment