Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Serving Together" Bible Reading: Philemon 4-16 for Thursday, December 29th, 2016.

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Serving TogetherBible Reading: Philemon 4-16 for Thursday, December 29th, 2016.
Philemon 4 I thank my God every time I mention you in my prayers, Philemon, 5 for I am hearing about your love and commitment to the Lord Yeshua and to all God’s people. 6 I pray that the fellowship based on your commitment will produce full understanding of every good thing that is ours in union with the Messiah. 7 For your love has given me much joy and encouragement. Brother, you have refreshed the hearts of God’s people.
8 Therefore, I would not hesitate, in union with the Messiah, to direct you to do the thing you ought to do. 9 But since I Sha’ul, am the kind of person I am, an old man and now for the Messiah Yeshua’s sake a prisoner besides, I prefer to appeal to you on the basis of love. 10 My request to you concerns my son, of whom I became the father while here in prison, Onesimus. 11 His name means “useful,” and although he was once useless to you, he has now become most useful — not only to you but also to me; 12 so that in returning him to you I am sending a part of my very heart. 13 I would dearly have loved to keep him with me, in order for him to serve me in your place while I am in prison because of the Good News. 14 But I didn’t want to do anything without your consent, so that the good you do for me may be voluntary and not forced.
15 Perhaps the reason he was separated from you for a brief period was so that you could have him back forever, 16 no longer as a slave but as more than a slave, as a dear brother. And that he is, especially to me. But how much dearer he must be to you, both humanly and in union with the Lord!
-------
I worked at a Christian school. Some of the people who worked there were Christians, and some were not. Most of the time we all got along, but sometimes I had problems with the staff.
Then one of my Christian coworkers was promoted to principal. Whenever I had problems, I went to her for advice. It felt good to work with someone who loved and followed Jesus. We both served God together.
Our Bible verses tell us about a slave named Onesimus. He ran away from his master, Philemon. Onesimus met Paul and became a Christian. Paul wrote a letter to Philemon, asking him to forgive Onesimus and work with him as a brother in Christ.
I hope that you are able to work with people who love and serve God. Thank Him today for these people and ask God to help you be a witness for people who are not Christians.[EP*]
"Some slaves have masters who are believers...Does this mean they should show their masters any less respect? No, they should serve them even better, because they are helping believers, people they should love."[1 Timothy 6:2a]

PRAYER: God, help me to always glorify You in my job. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment