Saturday, December 31, 2016

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "New Year" Bible Reading: Isaiah 61:1-7 for Saturday, December 31st, 2016.

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "New YearBible Reading: Isaiah 61:1-7 for Saturday, December 31st, 2016.
Isaiah 61:1 The Spirit of Adonai Elohim is upon me,
because Adonai has anointed me
to announce good news to the poor.
He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted;
to proclaim freedom to the captives,
to let out into light those bound in the dark;
2 to proclaim the year of the favor of Adonai
and the day of vengeance of our God;
to comfort all who mourn,
3 yes, provide for those in Tziyon who mourn,
giving them garlands instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness instead of mourning,
a cloak of praise instead of a heavy spirit,
so that they will be called oaks of righteousness
planted by Adonai, in which he takes pride.
4 They will rebuild the ancient ruins,
restore sites long destroyed;
they will renew the ruined cities,
destroyed many generations ago.
5 Strangers will stand and feed your flocks,
foreigners plow your land and tend your vines;
6 but you will be called cohanim of Adonai,
spoken of as ministers to our God.
You will feed on the wealth of nations,
and revel in their riches.
7 Because of your shame, which was doubled,
and because they cried, “They deserve disgrace,”
therefore in their land what they own will be doubled,
and joy forever will be theirs.
-------
I have seen all of my grandchildren being born. I have watched each one of them take their very first breath outside of their mother's body. After each baby was born, their mother held them close and told them how much she loved them.
The last Sunday in 1991, I decided to follow Jesus as my Lord and Savior. When I obeyed God's Word, I took my first breath as a new person in Jesus. I was close to God and knew that He loved me and had forgiven me.
In our Bible verses for today, Isaiah talks about God's kindness. Then he talks about "celebration clothes" in verse 3. I want to encourage you on this last day of 2016 to put on your "celebration clothes." Celebrate because Jesus died for you, rose from the dead and will someday return to take you to live with Him forever. That is the best reason to celebrate!
Celebrate your new life today! Make 2017 a year of service and thanksgiving to God! -SAH
"When anyone is in Christ, it is a whole new world. The old things are gone; suddenly, everything is new!"[2 Corinthians 5:17]
PRAYER: God, I celebrate my new life in You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment