Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Gateway Church of the Nazarene of Murrieta, California, United States for Wednesday, 27 September 2017 "Devotion"

Gateway Church of the Nazarene of Murrieta, California, United States for Wednesday, 27 September 2017 "Devotion"

GATEWAY E-News - 88 Gateway Church Family, Date Tuesday, 26 September 2017
Greetings!
For this week’s devotional, I wanted to share two exciting things as we continue to move forward in depopulating hell and reaching the world for Jesus!
In February of this past year, I sat across the dinner table from our Southern California Nazarene District Leader, Tom Taylor. At the dinner, Rev. Taylor informed me about a struggling Nazarene church in 29Palms. The district had this church classified as a “church in crisis”. My heart broke as we discussed this struggling church. I sat and listened and wondered how Gateway might be able to help.
After I returned from the dinner, I began to pray. I then felt led to contact Gateway’s own Steve Webb to see if he would be interested in possibly taking over as the new pastor of this struggling church. After a time of prayer, Steve agreed. I then informed Rev. Taylor and met with our church board. After praying, we then formed a partnership with Yucca Valley Nazarene Church to work together to help in this effort of revitalizing 29Palms.
Since this time, Steve and a team from Gateway have been traveling to 29Palms Nazarene Church each and every week. God has been doing incredible things. I am amazed at what God is doing through Steve and so many others.
I am happy to report that last week at the District Advisory Board meeting that 29Palms was removed from the “church in crisis” category. This means that basically the district believes that 29Palms is healthy and will continue to get more healthy.
Then Steve texted me yesterday and said they had 47 people in attendance at their Sunday service this past week. God is doing amazing things at 29Palms. I am thankful for Steve and his sacrificial leadership. I am thankful to Steve’s wife Peggy who helped make all of this possible. I am thankful for people from Gateway that travel to 29Palms each week. And I am thankful for the people of Gateway who have supported this effort, prayed for this effort, who sacrificed for this effort and who contributed to this effort.
I praise God for the work happening at 29Palms.
Secondly, I wanted to share some additional exciting news. As you know, when we renovated the sanctuary, we installed new cameras for the ability to live stream our worship service. We are happy to tell you that our first Sunday to live stream our service will be Sunday November 5th, 2017. I am so thankful for everyone on our tech team and our tech leaders who are working so hard to make this possible. Beginning November 5th and every Sunday thereafter, our Sunday morning service will be streamed live. We will let you know the specific details very soon on how you can stream our services if you have to miss a Sunday due to sickness or vacation. Also, you will be able to invite others to worship with us online. Maybe there are people who have never stepped foot into Gateway. A live streaming service might win them over so they will visit. Or maybe a non-believer will watch and be convicted while watching and they decide to accept Christ. The possibilities are endless.
God is moving, Brothers and Sisters! I am so thankful for you. I hope you have a great week.
Pastor Kevin
Copyright © 2017 Gateway Church of the Nazarene, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Gateway Church of the Nazarene

No comments:

Post a Comment