Monday, March 2, 2015

Daily Hope of Lake Forest, California, United States "How to Invest in the Fellowship of Your Church" by Rick Warren — Sunday, 15 February 2015

CURRENT TEACHING SERIES
Financial Fitness
Daily Hope of Lake Forest, California, United States "How to Invest in the Fellowship of Your Church" by Rick Warren — Sunday, 15 February 2015
“When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality.”(Romans 12:13 NLT, second edition)
God wants us to use some of our money to encourage fellowship, to show love to other believers, and to build relationships.
Any time I give my money to God, it draws me closer to God. Any time I give my money to another person, it draws me closer to that person. When I give money to people in my small group or I invest in my small group, I grow closer to those in the group.
Any time I go out and buy a nice card and write a note of encouragement, I’ve just invested in God’s Mutual Fund. When another believer is discouraged and needs somebody to talk to and I buy him or her lunch, I’ve just invested in God’s Mutual Fund.
The Bible says, “When you extend hospitality to Christian brothers and sisters, even when they are strangers, you make the faith visible” (3 John 1:5 MSG). When we invest our money in developing relationships within the Church, it points others to God. In other words, when you invest in the fellowship of your church, it helps bring people to Christ.
Be creative! Be innovative! Put some thought into it. “Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out” (Hebrews 10:24).
Any time you give to other believers, it draws you closer to them!
PLAY today’s audio teaching from Pastor Rick >>
Talk It Over:
  • Where do you see a need in your small group or with a family in your church?
  • What are your fears related to reaching out to strangers to invest in their lives? Ask God for help to overcome your fears and trust him with your ministry.
  • How do strong relationships within the Church help point people to God?
___________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment