Friday, September 30, 2016

gotandem "Fragile Clay Jars" for Friday, 30 September 2016

gotandem "Fragile Clay Jars" for Friday, 30 September 2016
We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.[2 Corinthians 4:7]
How are we fragile?
View this message in goTandem
-------
gotandem "No Place for Condemnation" for Friday, 30 September 2016
Read

"So why do you condemn another Christian? Why do you look down on another Christian? Remember, each of us will stand personally before the judgment seat of God. For the Scriptures say, '"As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow to me and every tongue will confess allegiance to God."' Yes, each of us will have to give a personal account to God. So don't condemn each other anymore. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not put an obstacle in another Christian's path" (Romans 14:10-13).
Reflect
I don't like to see Christians fail, but I'd be lying if I didn't judge them when they do. A secret little part of me likes to feel superior when I watch a brother or sister in Christ miss the mark. And it's even better when I can tell someone else about it. I mean, them failing means I get to look like a better Christian, right?
But that's a sad and twisted way for me to live. It does nothing but hurt the body of Christ. Sure I may want to judge, but in all fairness, I have enough skeletons in my closet to fill the pews six times over. I'm no better than any other believer and I'm worse than most. So any time the urge to take delight when a Christian brother or sister fails, I just need to remember how I've fallen and how much I need God's grace. And then, I need to walk over and do whatever it takes to get that fellow believer back on their feet.
Because that's what Christ did for me.
Respond
Take this week to evaluate how you treat other Christians.
View this message in goTandem
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment