Wednesday, September 28, 2016

The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Old Testament (4)" Bible Reading: Genesis 32:24-32 for Wednesday, 28 September 2016


The Deaf Devo from The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States "Old Testament (4)" Bible Reading: Genesis 32:24-32 for Wednesday, 28 September 2016
Genesis 32:24 (23) He took them and sent them across the stream, then sent his possessions across; 25 (24) and Ya‘akov was left alone. Then some man wrestled with him until daybreak. 26 (25) When he saw that he did not defeat Ya‘akov, he struck Ya‘akov’s hip socket, so that his hip was dislocated while wrestling with him. 27 (26) The man said, “Let me go, because it’s daybreak.” But Ya‘akov replied, “I won’t let you go unless you bless me.” 28 (27) The man asked, “What is your name?” and he answered, “Ya‘akov.” 29 (28) Then the man said, “From now on, you will no longer be called Ya‘akov, but Isra’el; because you have shown your strength to both God and men and have prevailed.” 30 (29) Ya‘akov asked him, “Please tell me your name.” But he answered, “Why are you asking about my name?” and blessed him there.
(iii) 31 (30) Ya‘akov called the place P’ni-El [face of God], “Because I have seen God face to face, yet my life is spared.” 32 (31) As the sun rose upon him he went on past P’ni-El, limping at the hip.
-------
Yesterday we talked about Jacob and his faithfulness to God. Our Bible verses
today tell us about another experience that Jacob had.
"Jacob was left alone, and a man came and wrestled with him. The man fought with him until the sun came up" (verse 24). Later Jacob said, "At this place, I saw God face to face, but my life was spared" (verse 30b). God changed Jacob's name to Israel, and gave him many children and grandchildren. These
descendants became the nation of Israel.
Jacob faced some difficult times in his life. We, too, will experience many things as we live here on earth. Some days will be good, and some days will be bad. But we can know that God will be with us and help us through all these
experiences.
Think about Jacob today. God was with Him, and God will be with you, too! Praise Him for His love and protection.[PD*]

"You can be sure that I will be with you always. I will continue with you until the end of time."[Matthew 28:20b]
PRAYER: Dear Father, no matter what I face today, I know that You will be with me. Thank You! In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
Website | YouTube | Facebook | App

Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment