Thursday, September 29, 2016

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Walk Your Talk" by Kari Rudd for Thursday, 29 September 2016 with Scripture: Numbers 30:1-16

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Walk Your Talk" by Kari Rudd for Thursday, 29 September 2016 with Scripture: Numbers 30:1-16
-------
"Walk Your Talk" by Kari Rudd
Numbers 30:1 (29:40) Moshe told the people of Isra’el everything, just as Adonai had ordered Moshe.
2 (1) Then Moshe spoke to the heads of the tribes of the people of Isra’el. He said, “Here is what Adonai has ordered: 3 (2) when a man makes a vow to Adonai or formally obligates himself by swearing an oath, he is not to break his word but is to do everything he said he would do.
4 (3) “When a woman makes a vow to Adonai, formally obligating herself, while she is a minor living in her father’s house; 5 (4) then, if her father has heard what she vowed or obligated herself to do and holds his peace, then all her vows remain binding — every obligation she has bound herself to will stand. 6 (5) But if on the day her father hears it, he expresses his disapproval, then none of her vows or obligations she has bound herself to will stand; and Adonai will forgive her, because her father expressed his disapproval.
7 (6) “If, having made vows or rashly committed herself to an obligation, she gets married; 8 (7) and her husband hears but holds his peace with her on the day he learns of it, then her vows and obligations she has bound herself to will stand. 9 (8) But if her husband expresses his disapproval on the day he hears it, he will void the vow which is on her and the obligation to which she has bound herself; and Adonai will forgive her.
10 (9) “The vow of a widow, however, or of a divorcee, including everything to which she has obligated herself, will stand against her.
11 (10) “If a woman vowed in her husband’s house or obligated herself with an oath; 12 (11) and her husband heard it but held his peace with her and did not express disapproval, then all her vows and obligations will stand. 13 (12) But if her husband makes them null and void on the day he hears them, then whatever she said, vows or binding obligation, will not stand; her husband has voided them; and Adonai will forgive her. 14 (13) Her husband may let every vow and every binding obligation stand, or he may void it. 15 (14) But if her husband entirely holds his peace with her day after day, then he confirms all her vows and obligations; he must let them stand, because he held his peace with her on the day he heard them. 16 (15) If he makes them null and void after he has heard them, then he will bear the consequent guilt.”
-------
In Moses’ day, a person’s word was expected to be as good as gold. When a person said they would do something, they were contractually obligated to fulfill that mission. Especially with regard to a vow to the Lord, one “must not break his word but must do everything he said” (Numbers 30:2). Follow-through made evident whether the person had integrity or not.
Today, our words seem to mean very little. We have political leaders who say one thing and do another all the time. As God’s children, we are to be people of integrity. When we say we are going to do something, we ought to follow through on our word. To be men and women of God means that we can be counted on to follow through. We expect God to be faithful to His Word; as His children, we should display the same faithfulness.

As the psalm says, “For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of his unfailing love” (Psalm 33:4-5). Let our words reflect His faithful love.
-------
Hymn for Today: "Jesus is All the World to Me" by Will L. Thompson
1. Jesus is all the world to me,
my life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day,
without Him I would fall:
when I am sad, to Him I go;
no other one can cheer me so;
when I am sad, He makes me glad;
He's my friend.
2. Jesus is all the world to me,
my friend in trials sore;
I go to Him for blessings,
and He gives them o'er and o'er:
He sends the sunshine and the rain,
He sends the harvest's golden grain;
sunshine and rain, harvest of grain;
He's my friend.
3. Jesus is all the world to me,
and true to Him I'll be;
oh, how could I this friend deny
when He's so true to me?
Following Him, I know I'm right,
He watches o'er me day and night;
Following Him, by day and night;
He's my friend.
4. Jesus is all the world to me,
I want no better friend;
I trust Him now, I'll trust Him when
Life's fleeting days shall end:
beautiful life with such a friend,
beautiful life that has no end;
eternal life, eternal joy;
He's my friend.
-------
Thought of the Day: Matthew 5:37 Just let your ‘Yes’ be a simple ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No’ a simple ‘No’; anything more than this has its origin in evil.
-------
Please Pray: That many people in Guyana will come to know Yeshua the Messiah and receive the fullness of the Ruach HaKodesh.
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment