Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Trusting God Completely" by Kari Rudd for Tuesday, 27 September 2016 with Scripture: 1 Samuel 1:21-28

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "Trusting God Completely" by Kari Rudd for Tuesday, 27 September 2016 with Scripture: 1 Samuel 1:21-28
-------
"Trusting God Completely" by Kari Rudd
1 Samuel 1:21 The husband, Elkanah, went up with all his household to offer the yearly sacrifice to Adonai and fulfill his vow. 22 But Hannah did not go up, explaining to her husband, “Not till the child has been weaned. Then I will bring him, so that he can appear before Adonai and live there forever.” 23 Her husband Elkanah answered her, “Do what seems good to you; stay here until you have weaned him. Only may Adonai bring about what he said.” So the woman stayed behind and nursed the child, until she weaned him. 24 After weaning him, she took him up with her, along with three young bulls, a bushel of flour and a skin of wine, and brought him to the house of Adonai in Shiloh, even though he was just a child. 25 After the bull had been slaughtered, the child was brought to ‘Eli; 26 and she said, “My lord, as sure as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here near you, praying to Adonai. 27 I prayed for this child, and Adonai has granted the request I asked of him. 28 Therefore, I too have loaned him to Adonai — as long as he lives, he is on loan to Adonai.” And he prostrated himself there before Adonai.
-------
At age 20, I found myself married with a son. Unfortunately, the marriage ended and through a long legal battle, my husband retained custody of their son. I trusted that God would be with my son and provide him with what I could not. It would be 17 years before I would speak to him again. Every day, I prayed for him, missed him, and loved him.
Hannah gave her son to serve in the house of the Lord, giving Samuel back to God who blessed her with him in the first place. During my time away from my son, I knew that I had to rely on the Lord. I remembered that God has plans for each of us, and sometimes the journey is heartbreakingly different from what we think it ought to look like.
Sometimes, parents place children before everything, even God. This is a common, yet lethal, mistake. As much as we love our children, God loves them more. Our children are God’s children first. He created each of us. Love God first, and then people. Hannah placed God first, and all other things after that.
-------
Hymn for Today: "O for a Heart to Praise my God" by Charles Wesley
1. O for a heart to praise my God, 
a heart from sin set free, 
a heart that always feels thy blood 
so freely shed for me.
2. A heart resigned, submissive, meek, 
my great Redeemer's throne, 
where only Christ is heard to speak, 
where Jesus reigns alone.
3. A humble, lowly, contrite heart, 
believing, true, and clean, 
which neither life nor death can part 
from Christ who dwells within.
4. A heart in every thought renewed 
and full of love divine, 
perfect and right and pure and good, 
a copy, Lord, of thine.
5. Thy nature, gracious Lord, impart; 
come quickly from above; 
write thy new name upon my heart, 
thy new, best name of Love.
-------
Thought of the Day: Luke 18:29 Yeshua answered them, “Yes! I tell you that everyone who has left house, wife, brothers, parents or children, for the sake of the kingdom of God, 30 will receive many times as much in the ‘olam hazeh, and in the ‘olam haba eternal life.”
-------
Please Pray: That many young people in Guatemala will be called into Christian ministry.
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment