Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Upper Room Daily Devotionals in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "WHERE TO FOCUS?" for Tuesday, 27 September 2016 with Scripture: Psalm 145:3-7

The Upper Room Daily Devotionals in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "WHERE TO FOCUS?" for Tuesday, 27 September 2016 with Scripture: Psalm 145:3 Great is Adonai and greatly to be praised;
his greatness is beyond all searching out.
4 Each generation will praise your works to the next
and proclaim your mighty acts.
5 I will meditate on the glorious splendor
of your majesty and on the story of your wonders.
6 People will speak of your awesome power,
and I will tell of your great deeds.
7 They will gush forth the fame of your abounding goodness,
and they will sing of your righteousness.
-------
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is.[Romans 12:2 (NIV)]
I looked up to see cobwebs outside on my upstairs window. As I thought about the best way to clean them up, along came a Willy Wagtail who flew to the ledge and sang me a pretty song.
This experience reminded me of the way God comes into our messy lives. When I concentrated on the bird and his song, I forgot the cobwebs. In a similar way, focusing on praising God tends to put my problems into perspective — helping them fade into the background. If we open our eyes and look around, we will find God always at work bringing joy, light, and a song into the difficult places.
With the power of God at work within me, I hope that I am able to bring a song into the lives of those whom my life touches. Maybe our actions, attitudes, and how we speak to others will brush away some cobwebs and bring joy. As we are open to the leading of the Holy Spirit and as we renew our minds with God’s word, we are transformed. Then we can also transform the world around us.
Read more from the author, here.

"More from Ann Stewart"

I enjoy oil painting as a hobby. I’m no great artist; however, I have fun painting and especially love to start a new painting on a blank canvas. Such possibilities! It’s all mine to create what I want. Sometimes in that creating I make a mess and face some challenges. I need to blend colors, use dark shades to accentuate the light, step back, and take time to observe. I need to leave it for awhile and come back at another time with fresh eyes. I like to pray and ask God to be with me as I paint and create.
Each day God’s mercies are new and each day is like a blank canvas, clean and fresh with endless possibilities. Each day we have fresh start with our Loving Father. As God's children we have the power of the Holy Spirit available to us. We have a relationship with Jesus and we can ask him where he is leading us and then do what he tells us to. Each day has new opportunities and fresh challenges to face.
Whatever is facing you today remember that you have a fresh start, a new canvas to work on, a wonderful chance to praise God, to serve others, and to think about the victory of the cross and resurrection of Jesus. If you are going through a difficult time, God is with you in the storm. Whatever faces you today remember that God knows you and sees you and loves you. We can trust God one day at a time.
Enjoy God’s love, faithfulness, and mercies today and be blessed as you fill the blank canvas of today with a masterpiece. And remember that tomorrow you have another fresh start![Ann Stewart]

See an image of a willy wagtail, here.
The Author: Ann Stewart (South Australia, Australia)
Thought for the Day: I can put my problems into perspective when I focus on praising God.
Prayer: Loving Father, we thank you for your beautiful creation and praise you for the way you love us and care for us. Amen.
Prayer focus: ORNITHOLOGISTS

-------

No comments:

Post a Comment