Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Upper Room Daily Devotionals in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "THE LORD’S SONG" for Thursday, 29 September 2016 with Scripture: Zephaniah 3:14-20

The Upper Room Daily Devotionals in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "THE LORD’S SONG" for Thursday, 29 September 2016 with Scripture: Zephaniah 3:14 Sing, daughter of Tziyon!
Shout, Isra’el!
Be glad and rejoice with all your heart,
daughter of Yerushalayim!
15 Adonai has removed the judgments against you,
he has expelled your enemy;
the king of Isra’el, Adonai,
is right there with you.
You no longer need to fear
that anything bad will happen.
16 On that day, it will be said
to Yerushalayim,
“Do not fear, Tziyon!
don’t let your hands droop down.
17 Adonai your God is right there with you,
as a mighty savior.
He will rejoice over you and be glad,
he will be silent in his love,
he will shout over you with joy.”
18 “I will gather those of yours
who grieve over the appointed feasts
and bear the burden of reproach
[because they cannot keep them].
19 When that time comes, I will deal
with all those who oppress you.
I will save her who is lame,
gather her who was driven away,
and make them whose shame spread over the earth
the object of praise and renown.
20 When that time comes, I will bring you in;
when that time comes, I will gather you
and make you the object of fame and praise
among all the peoples of the earth —
when I restore your fortunes
before your very eyes,” says Adonai.
-------
The LORD, your God, is in your midst, a warrior who gives victory; he will rejoice over you with gladness, he will renew you in his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.[Zephaniah 3:17 (NRSV)]
When I was eight years old, I asked the Lord into my heart in Sunday school and soon discovered the joy of singing and dancing for Jesus. In fifth grade, when the kids bullied me, I was mocked, laughed at, and made fun of. I often cried all the way home. To comfort myself, I listened to classical records in the garage and swirled to the loud music. I sang simple praises to Jesus: “I love you, Lord,” “Praise you, Lord,” “I lift my hands up, Lord.”
Again, I found victory in song and dance when my children were born. I struggled with new motherhood, but the Lord helped me. I sang with my babies, and I danced with them in my arms. Their gentle, soothing responses brought me great joy. When I found the Zephaniah verse above, I realized that my singing and dancing simply gave back what the Lord had already expressed to me.
Years later, I still find that joy. I marvel that the Creator of the universe shows me love and “rejoices and sings over me.” The Lord rejoices over each of us. Our life of praise gives back the love God has given us.
The Author: Pamela J. Caldwell (California, USA)
Thought for the Day: The Lord rejoices over me!
Prayer: O Lord, thank you for your song of love. Help us to sing your love to those who haven’t yet heard your song. Amen.
Prayer focus: NEW MOTHERS
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment