Thursday, September 1, 2016

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "No Instant Saints" by Duane Brush for Saturday, 3 September 2016 with Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:10-17

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from Wordaction of The Global Church of the Nazarene Publishing House in Kansas City, Missouri, United States "No Instant Saints" by Duane Brush for Saturday, 3 September 2016 with Scripture: 2 Timothy 3:10-17
-------
"No Instant Saints" by Duane Brush
2 Timothy 3:10 But you, you have closely followed my teaching, conduct, purpose in life, trust, steadfastness, love and perseverance — 11 as well as the persecutions and sufferings that came my way in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra. What persecutions I endured! Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 And indeed, all who want to live a godly life united with the Messiah Yeshua will be persecuted, 13 while evil people and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving others and being deceived themselves.
14 But you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, recalling the people from whom you learned it; 15 and recalling too how from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which can give you the wisdom that leads to deliverance through trusting in Yeshua the Messiah. 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is valuable for teaching the truth, convicting of sin, correcting faults and training in right living; 17 thus anyone who belongs to God may be fully equipped for every good work.
-------
There is a distorted doctrine that teaches that people can be transformed instantly into fully-mature believers, with correct beliefs, consistent good works, and immediately upright lives, without a wrong motive or misstep. Unfortunately, many sincere new believers have been discouraged, even derailed and defeated, by the error. We can be forgiven or filled with God’s Spirit in a moment, but mature faith takes time.
No one knew this better than the apostle Paul. Yes, Paul of the Damascus Road. We too quickly forget that Paul arose from meeting the risen Christ blind, broken, and helpless. It would be years before he and Barnabas were commissioned to take the gospel to the Gentiles. Paul himself invested years in training his protégé Timothy to become a pastor and leader.
That is what is so powerful about the Word of God in the life of a believer. With the aid of the Holy Spirit, the community of faith, a teachable heart, and a surrendered will, believers can be taught, rebuked and corrected when necessary, and trained in righteousness–thoroughly equipped for every good work. It takes time, but when God completes His work, we have the assurance that we will have everything we need to accomplish His will for us.
-------
Hymn for Today: "Teach Me Thy Way, O Lord" by B. Mansell Ramsey
1. Teach me Thy way, O Lord, teach me Thy way!
Thy guiding grace afford, teach me Thy way!
Help me to walk aright, more by faith, less by sight;
Lead me with heav’nly light, teach me Thy way!
2. When I am sad at heart, teach me Thy way!
When earthly joys depart, teach me Thy way!
In hours of loneliness, in times of dire distress,
In failure or success, teach me Thy way!
3. When doubts and fears arise, teach me Thy way!
When storms o’erspread the skies, teach me Thy way!
Shine through the cloud and rain, through sorrow, toil and pain;
Make Thou my pathway plain, teach me Thy way!
4. Long as my life shall last, teach me Thy way!
Where’er my lot be cast, teach me Thy way!
Until the race is run, until the journey’s done,

Until the crown is won, teach me Thy way!

-------
Thought of the Day: 1 Thessalonians 1:3 calling to mind before God our Father what our Lord Yeshua the Messiah has brought about in you — how your trust produces action, your love hard work, and your hope perseverance.
-------
Please Pray: That many people in Costa Rica will come to know Yeshua the Messiah and receive the fullness of the Ruach HaKodesh.
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment