Sunday, June 25, 2017

Deaf Devo - The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Sunday, 25 June 2017 "Our Helper" Bible Reading: John 16:4-15

Deaf Devo - The Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Sunday, 25 June 2017 "Our Helper" Bible Reading: John 16:4-15 
John 16:4 But I have told you this, so that when the time comes for it to happen, you will remember that I told you. I didn’t tell you this at first, because I was with you. 5 But now I am going to the One who sent me.
“Not one of you is asking me, ‘Where are you going?’ 6 Instead, because I have said these things to you, you are overcome with grief. 7 But I tell you the truth, it is to your advantage that I go away; for if I don’t go away, the comforting Counselor will not come to you. However, if I do go, I will send him to you.
8 “When he comes, he will show that the world is wrong about sin, about righteousness and about judgment — 9 about sin, in that people don’t put their trust in me; 10 about righteousness, in that I am going to the Father and you will no longer see me; 11 about judgment, in that the ruler of this world has been judged.
12 “I still have many things to tell you, but you can’t bear them now. 13 However, when the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative but will say only what he hears. He will also announce to you the events of the future. 14 He will glorify me, because he will receive from what is mine and announce it to you. 15 Everything the Father has is mine; this is why I said that he receives from what is mine and will announce it to you.

-------
In our verses for today, Jesus was talking to His disciples. He told them that He was leaving to go back to God. Jesus also said that it was better for the disciples that He leave. Why? Because then the Holy Spirit would come and be their Helper. 
Sometimes I realize that I am not depending on the Holy Spirit to help me. When I face different kinds of sin in the world, I need to depend on the power of the Holy Spirit to help me face temptations. 
The Holy Spirit helps us to overcome our weaknesses, to increase our faith and to live righteously. When we remember that the Holy Spirit is our Helper, we can be bold as we share God's message with the world. "When the Helper comes, he will show the people of the world how wrong they are about sin, about being right with God, and about judgment" (verse 8). 
You can depend on the Holy Spirit to help you today. He will share God's glory, might and wisdom with you. 
"If you love me, you will do what I command. I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper to be with you forever." [John 14:15-16] 
PRAYER: Father God, thank You for sending Your Holy Spirit to be our Helper. In Jesus' name. Amen.
  Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
 Website  |  YouTube  |  Facebook  |  App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment