Sunday, June 25, 2017

The Upper Room Daily Devotional in Nashville, Tennessee, United States for Monday, 26 June 2017 "Finish It" Read Genesis 2:1-3

The Upper Room Daily Devotional in Nashville, Tennessee, United States for Monday, 26 June 2017 "Finish ItRead Genesis 2:1-3

Genesis 2:1
 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, along with everything in them. 2 On the seventh day God was finished with his work which he had made, so he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 3 God blessed the seventh day and separated it as holy; because on that day God rested from all his work which he had created, so that it itself could produce.
-------
The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you. [Zechariah 4:9 (KJV)]
I recently got a new job at an agricultural research institution. When I first started, the job was challenging, and my motivation was low because it was a new field of work for me. The requirements for promotion include writing and publishing research papers.
On many occasions, I have started a research project only to stop halfway through. Constantly abandoning my work made me wonder if I would ever be able to earn a promotion.
One Sunday as I sat in the pew during the worship service, my minister read today’s scripture verse. Suddenly, I felt something fire up within me. My renewed passion was so great that it sustained me until the end of the research project I was working on at the time.
Many of us have projects we have left incomplete, dreams we have abandoned, and aspirations that have gone with the wind. But the words of Zechariah still ring true for us today. With God’s help, we can finish the work we have started.
The Author: Nwakuche Emeka (Nigeria)
Thought for the Day: God has given me work to do, and with God’s help, I will finish it.
Prayer: Dear Father, help us to finish the works of our hands by your grace. May we never leave undone the work you have given to us. Amen.
Prayer focus:
Someone starting a new job
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment