Tuesday, January 23, 2018

"Devotional" Gateway Church of the Nazarene in Murrieta California United States

"Devotional" Gateway Church of the Nazarene in Murrieta California United States
GATEWAY E-News - 114
Gateway Church Family, Date: Monday, 22 January 2018
I love the opening line of Psalm 46:10 which says, “Be still, and know that I am God”. This Scripture challenges me each and every time that I read it. It is hard to sit still. We live in a busy and noisy world that is constantly on the go. So, for me to sit still before God is struggle. I wonder if this is also a struggle for you? Do you ever struggle with simply sitting still before God? Do you ever struggle with stopping the busyness and getting completely still before the King of Kings?
I wonder what would happen if we did sit still before God more? What things would we hear Him say? What encouragement would He give us? What conviction would He give us? What words of love would He give us?
In looking at the life of Jesus, we often see that He would escape and get alone with the Father. Jesus would sit still. He left us this great example to follow. I want to challenge us with something specific this week. The challenge is this. That each person who reads this email devotion would take at least ten minutes to sit still before God. Do not say anything, just be still and remember that He is God. Watch what happens when you do!
May we all be still this week and remember that He is God!
Have a great week! God bless you! (Pastor Kevin)
***

No comments:

Post a Comment