Saturday, January 20, 2018

Pastor Cara Shonomon's Weekly Email for Saturday, 20 January 2018 - Shawnee Church of the Nazarene in Shawnee, Kansas, United States

Pastor Cara Shonomon's Weekly Email for Saturday, 20 January 2018 - Shawnee Church of the Nazarene in Shawnee, Kansas, United States
Greetings Shawnee Family!
Two weeks ago Pastor Chuck encouraged us to think of at least one person we could share the Love of Christ with this year. I felt convicted at the fact that I don’t spend a lot of my time in an environment with people who don’t know Christ. As a result I have been praying that the Lord lead me to places and people.
I confess that when I have one or two kiddos in the car with me it is far easier to go through a drive thru than to make an extra stop somewhere. As a result I have come to know the name of a lady that works in a drive thru near our house. Her name is Mary. She always has a huge smile on her face and loves seeing the girls.
This past week Kenzie learned not only that she could operate the window button in the car but also that she could reach it while strapped in to her car seat.
So, when we got to the drive thru window Kenzie lowered her window and yelled at Mary, “we go to church!” Mary and I laughed. I told her I am a Pastor and we are headed to church. I had to pull forward and wait for our order. When Mary came out to us she asked about our church and said she was looking for a new church. I gave her my card and welcomed her anytime.
Who knew that Kenzie would end up inviting someone to church just two weeks after Pastor Chuck encouraged us to do so! I am so thankful for how enthusiastic Kenzie is and I am thankful that she feels the love of God at church through all of you. My prayer is that Kenzie, Alice, and I continue to get to know Mary and love on her with the love of Christ. I am humbled by my kid this week and encouraged all at the same time.
You don’t have to go to the worst part of town to find someone that needs the love of Christ. All we have to is be faithful in our every day interactions and allow Christ to work in and through us.
May we be a congregation oozing with the love of Christ. May we share Christ’s love with all that we come in contact with.
Grace and Peace,
Pastor Cara
Contact:
---

No comments:

Post a Comment