Friday, July 31, 2015

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from The Global Church of the Nazarene in Lenexa, Kansas, United States for Friday, 31 July 2015 - "Suffering For Good" Scripture: 1 Peter 3:13-22

Reflecting God - Embrace Holy Living from The Global Church of the Nazarene in Lenexa, Kansas, United States for Friday, 31 July 2015 - "Suffering For Good" Scripture: 1 Peter 3:13-22RG AUDIO 073115
"Suffering For Good" by 
Author: Tabita Rothmann Gonzalez
Have you ever heard someone say that if God is indeed good, there should be no evil on earth? It is as if they think evil discredits all God’s goodness. Saint Augustine, despite living at end of the fourth century A.D., brings a very fresh perspective on this matter: He affirmed that evil was the absence of good, and since God is good, evil was the absence God himself.

That is why when we suffer for what is good we may still experience His presence in our lives. First Peter 3:17 affirms that “it is better, if it is God’s will, to suffer for doing God than for doing evil.” Certainly, God did not create us for suffering, but since we live in a world that has chosen to live apart from God, we might at one time or another, experience suffering.

For the sake of a good and clean conscience, if God allows us to suffer, it is better to suffer for doing things that show others a God of love, justice, and goodness.
Hymn for Today: "It Is Well With My Soul" by Horatio G. Spaffold
1. When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, 
when sorrows like sea billows roll; 
whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 
It is well, it is well with my soul. 
Refrain: 
It is well with my soul, 
it is well, it is well with my soul. 
2. Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, 
let this blest assurance control, 
that Christ has regarded my helpless estate, 
and hath shed his own blood for my soul. 
Refrain: 
It is well with my soul, 
it is well, it is well with my soul.
3. My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought! 
My sin, not in part but the whole, 
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more, 
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul! 
Refrain: 
It is well with my soul, 
it is well, it is well with my soul.
4. And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight, 
the clouds be rolled back as a scroll; 
the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend, 
even so, it is well with my soul. 
Refrain: 
It is well with my soul, 
it is well, it is well with my soul. 
Thought for Today:
"I don’t think the sufferings we are going through now are even worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed to us in the future." Romans 8:18
Please pray:
That many people in Rwanda will come to know Yeshua the Messiah zndreceive the fullness of the Holy Spirit.
___________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment