Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Soul Care New Every Morning for Wednesday, 29 July 2015 "[On the contrary,] they are new every morning! How great your faithfulness!" Lamentations 3:23 from The Global Church of the Nazarene's Office of Clergy Development in Lenexa, Kansas, United States

Soul Care New Every Morning for Wednesday, 29 July 2015 "[On the contrary,] they are new every morning! How great your faithfulness!" Lamentations 3:23 from The Global Church of the Nazarene's Office of Clergy Development in Lenexa, Kansas, United States

Good Morning, Ministry Partner:
Be Encouraged by God's Word:
On the Sabbath we went outside the city gate to the river, where we expected to find a place of prayer. We sat down and began to speak to the women who had gathered there. One of those listening was a woman from the city of Thyatira named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth. She was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message. When she and the members of her household were baptized, she invited us to her home. "If you consider me a believer in the Lord," she said, "come and stay at my house." And she persuaded us.[Acts 16:13-15, NIV]
Wisdom from Fellow Pilgrims:
Sometimes I think it is my mission to bring faith to the faithless, and doubt to the faithful.[Paul Tillich]
Pray Together with Us:
Lord, love me passionately,
Love me often,
Love me long.
The more passionately you love me, the more beautiful I become.
The more often you love me, the purer I become.
The longer you love me, the holier I become.[Mechthild of Magdeburg]
_______________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment