Monday, May 29, 2017

"Remain Faithful" for Monday, 29 May 2017 - Deaf Devo - the Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States - Bible Reading: Matthew 24:9-14 

"Remain Faithful" for Monday, 29 May 2017 - Deaf Devo - the Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States -
Bible Reading: Matthew 24:9-14 
Matthew 24:At that time you will be arrested and handed over to be punished and put to death, and all peoples will hate you because of me. 10 At that time many will be trapped into betraying and hating each other, 11 many false prophets will appear and fool many people; 12 and many people’s love will grow cold because of increased distance from Torah. 13 But whoever holds out till the end will be delivered. 14 And this Good News about the Kingdom will be announced throughout the whole world as a witness to all the Goyim. It is then that the end will come.
------- 
While visiting our son and his family in Austin, Texas, my husband and I stayed in our motor home. It was winter, and it was cold outside. One night the gas in our heater ran out. When we woke up, it was cold and uncomfortable in our motor home. My husband put a full tank of gas in place of the empty one. Soon our camper was warm and comfortable again. 
In our Bible verses today, Jesus reminds us that there will be false teachers and evil things in the world. Because of these things, "most believers will grow cold" (verse 12b). Sometimes I become cold in my spiritual life. Then I feel empty and uncomfortable. But when I read my Bible and pray every day, I feel warm and comfortable inside again. 
Does your spiritual life seem cold and uncomfortable today? If so, I encourage you to spend some time reading the Bible and praying. Then you will feel close to God again. 
"But the one who remains faithful to the end will be saved. And the Good News I have shared about God's kingdom will be told throughout the world." [Matthew 24:13-14a] 
PRAYER: Dear Lord, I want to always remain faithful to You. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
  Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
 Website  |  YouTube  |  Facebook  |  App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment