Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Upper Room Daily Devotional in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "Loss or Launch?" for Thursday, 1 June 2017 - Read Isaiah 55:8-11

The Upper Room Daily Devotional in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "Loss or Launch?" for Thursday, 1 June 2017 - Read Isaiah 55:8-11
issue cover
Isaiah 55:8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,and your ways are not my ways,” says Adonai.
“As high as the sky is above the earth
are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 For just as rain and snow fall from the sky
and do not return there, but water the earth,
causing it to bud and produce,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth —
it will not return to me unfulfilled;
but it will accomplish what I intend,
and cause to succeed what I sent it to do.”

-------
“My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. [Isaiah 55:8 (NIV)]
“Kim, you’re a good employee and the residents love you, but due to budget cuts, your job is being eliminated.” I was shocked to hear these words from the director of the assisted-living community where I was working at the time. I was sad because I would miss the friends I had grown to love there. But I had been praying for a new adventure, and God used the loss of my job to launch me into full-time ministry with people in Romania who were elderly and homeless.
God’s ways are higher than mine, so although I didn’t realize it, my job at the assisted-living community had prepared me for my new work with at-risk elderly people in another country. God used the job I had just lost, which I had never expected to take in the first place, to prepare me for the next season of my life.
When something happens that we don’t understand, we can choose to trust God, who sees the big picture of our lives. In each experience of our lives and every challenging situation we face, we can trust that God is working for good.
Read more from the author, here.

The Author

Kim Jackson (North Carolina, USA)

Thought for the Day:


God is always working for my good.

Prayer:

Dear God, help us to trust you with whatever happens each day of our lives. Amen.
Prayer focus: Someone who has lost a job

No comments:

Post a Comment