Wednesday, May 17, 2017

"Faithful Servant" for Wednesday, 17 May 2017 - Deaf Devo at Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States - Bible Reading: Ephesians 6:19-22

"Faithful Servant" for Wednesday, 17 May 2017 - Deaf Devo at Deaf Missions in Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States - Bible Reading: Ephesians 6:19-22 
Ephesians 6:19 And pray for me, too, that whenever I open my mouth, the words will be given to me to be bold in making known the secret of the Good News, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may speak boldly, the way I should.21 Now, so that you may also be informed about how I am and what I am doing, Tychicus, the dear brother and a faithful worker for the Lord, will tell you everything. 22 This is the very reason I have sent him to you, so that you may know how we are getting along and so that he may comfort and encourage you.
-------
Our verses today tell us that Paul told people "the secret truth of the gospel" (verse 19). What was this secret truth? This was the Good News that God had made a way for people to have their sins forgiven and live with God. 
Some people did not believe in Jesus. They wanted Paul to stop preaching the Good News. So they put Paul in prison. But Paul did not stop preaching about Jesus. Some of Paul's friends helped him teach God's message. Verse 21 tells us that one those friends was Tychicus. Paul called him a "faithful servant of the Lord's work" (verse 22). 
Tychicus is not mentioned many times in the New Testament. But every time we read about him, he was telling people about Jesus and encouraging Christians to keep following God. He was truly a faithful servant! 
God wants us to be faithful servants, too. He wants us to teach people about Jesus and encourage believers. Will you be a faithful servant today? [DJH*]
"Jesus said to the followers, 'Go everywhere in the world. Tell the Good News to every person.'" 
[Mark 16:15]
PRAYER: Father, show me how I can serve You today. In Jesus' name. Amen.
-------
  Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:
 Website  |  YouTube  |  Facebook  |  App
Deaf Missions
21199 Greenview Road
Council Bluffs, Iowa 51503, United States
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment