Sunday, May 21, 2017

The Upper Room Daily Devotional in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "A Time To Wait" for Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - Read Isaiah 40:28-31

issue coverThe Upper Room Daily Devotional in Nashville, Tennessee, United States "A Time To Wait" for Monday, May 22nd, 2017 - Read Isaiah 40:28-31
The LORD waits to be gracious to you.[Isaiah 30:18 (NRSV)]
As I worried recently about the results of medical tests, I thought of all the occasions in my life that have required waiting. I have waited for a spouse to return from war, waited for my child to be born, waited for loved ones to regain health after illness or surgery, and waited with grieving people. I often felt impatient and anxious knowing that I was not in control of the situation or its outcome. Even waiting for a happy occasion such as a wedding or vacation can include anxious moments.
By reading scripture like the verse quoted above, I have learned that God understands our frustration with waiting. Today’s reading encourages us to be patient and wait for God. I now realize that God is always present, even when we are waiting and uncertain about the results of our wait. We can pray as we are “still before the LORD and [waiting] patiently for him” (Ps. 37:7). This kind of waiting can replace our anxiety with peace. Author: Lois M. Baker (Arkansas, USA)
Thought for the Day: God waits with me.
Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for your guidance and strength in times of uncertainty. Teach us to be patient and peaceful as we rest in your word. Amen.
Prayer focus: Someone Anxiously Waiting
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment