Thursday, January 18, 2018

"The Fish Hook" for Thursday, 18 January 2018 - goTandem

"The Fish Hook" for Thursday, 18 January 2018 - goTandem
"The Fish Hook"
The question that explodes into our hearts as we go through challenging times is, "Why, God?" One writer describes the issues that cause us to ask "why?" as "a question mark turned like a fish hook in the human heart."
A foundational building block in a life of unshakable faith is the understanding that God is omnipotent. Daniel says: "All the peoples of the earth are regarded as nothing. He does as he pleases with the powers of heaven and the peoples of the earth. No one can hold back his hand or say to him: 'What have you done?'" (Daniel 4:35)
God's power is not changed by my challenges. He remains as powerful in my times of pain as I feel that He is in my times of praise. This truth does not answer all my questions, but in time, it changes the "why?" to worship.
---

No comments:

Post a Comment