Monday, May 22, 2017

The Great Plains Conference of The United Methodist Church in Wichita, Kansas, United States Daily Devotional for Tuesday, 23 May 2017

The Great Plains Conference of The United Methodist Church in Wichita, Kansas, United States Daily Devotional for Tuesday, 23 May 2017

Today please be in prayer for

Olsburg UMC
Westmoreland UMC
Flint Hills District
Osage City UMC
Flint Hills District
Saffordville UMC
Flint Hills District
-------
Shared PrayersView Prayer Requests
Submit a Prayer Request
This Week's Lectionary
Sunday, 28 May 2017
6th Sunday of Easter – White or Gold
Acts 17:22-31
Psalm 66:8-20
1 Peter 3:13-22
John 14:15-21
Link to
GBOD Devotional
Today's Devotional
Philippians 3:7-16
Philippians 3:7 But the things that used to be advantages for me, I have, because of the Messiah, come to consider a disadvantage. 8 Not only that, but I consider everything a disadvantage in comparison with the supreme value of knowing the Messiah Yeshua as my Lord. It was because of him that I gave up everything and regard it all as garbage, in order to gain the Messiah 9 and be found in union with him, not having any righteousness of my own based on legalism, but having that righteousness which comes through the Messiah’s faithfulness, the righteousness from God based on trust. 10 Yes, I gave it all up in order to know him, that is, to know the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of his sufferings as I am being conformed to his death, 11 so that somehow I might arrive at being resurrected from the dead. 12 It is not that I have already obtained it or already reached the goal — no, I keep pursuing it in the hope of taking hold of that for which the Messiah Yeshua took hold of me. 13 Brothers, I, for my part, do not think of myself as having yet gotten hold of it; but one thing I do: forgetting what is behind me and straining forward toward what lies ahead, 14 I keep pursuing the goal in order to win the prize offered by God’s upward calling in the Messiah Yeshua. 15 Therefore, as many of us as are mature, let us keep paying attention to this; and if you are differently minded about anything, God will also reveal this to you. 16 Only let our conduct fit the level we have already reached.
-------
Contact Information
Great Plains Episcopal Office
9440 East Boston, Suite 160
Wichita Kansas 67207, United States
316-686-0600
800-745-2350
info@greatplainsumc.org
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment