Monday, October 8, 2018

Mount Carmel Newsletter Issue 31 for Monday, 8 October 2018 with Pastors Jeremy and Chelsea Peugh from The Church of the Nazarene in San Diego, California, United States

Mount Carmel Newsletter Issue 31 for Monday, 8 October 2018 with Pastors Jeremy and Chelsea Peugh from The Church of the Nazarene in San Diego, California, United States
Thoughts From Our Pastors written by Worship Leader, Kathy Lee
Peace
Recently, this is a word that has been on my heart. As I go about regular rhythms of my day, that are filled with busyness, chaos and fast paced rhythms, I tend to forget to stop and take a minute to rest. Not just rest physically and emotionally but to rest spiritually. To take moments out of my day to spend time with God not just for the sake of checking it off of my to do list, but to actually SPEND TIME with God. To find my rest and peace in Him.
Life can be chaotic; it can be filled with pain, stress, emotional burden, brokenness, loneliness, doubts, fears, and so much more. It is easy to get wrapped up in all the things that are going on in our life, and God, then, takes the backseat. This is something that I've noticed in my life and have been struggling with as my schedule gets busier and I begin to feel emotions of loneliness and insecurity.
It is during these times though, during times of stress, anxiety, brokenness, and pain, when we need God the most. Now don't get me wrong, we always need Christ, but it is during these moments when we must cling the closest to Him.
This prayer that I've heard multiple times before, has recently held new meaning. This has become a prayer of peace that I pray as I start out my time spent with God, as I feel I am at my most anxious, deepest pain, and loneliness. I encourage you to read this prayer slowly and to take it in and really think about it. Don't just skim through and read it quickly as you are checking it off of your to-do list for the day, but make some space for Christ today, read this prayer, and spend some time with Him today (even if it is just for 2 minutes).

Prayer:
Jesus, you stand before me. 
I feel it in my heart.
I sense you saying to me: 
Peace be with you,
in your pressing days,
Amid your fragmentation,
Within your loneliness,
With your concern of others,
Among those you care for,
Around your many questions.
Lord, I hear you say to me:
Peace, peace be with you.
For I am here. I am with you
I offer you peace, my peace.
Believe in me and my offer. 
I will take you far beyond
All the fears, all the worries.
I will sink your spirit in calm,
In quiet, in truth, in me.
Rest in me, rest in me,
Peace be with you.
Coming Up At Mount Carmel
Wednesday Food Sign up:
So let's talk about food and Bible Study, we would love for you to join us on Wednesday for dinner and Bible study. If you enjoy our time together please also consider inviting your friends. The more we have the merrier it will be. To make sure we have everything we need, here is the link for this week Wednesday, October 10th. If you would like to sign up for next week here is the sign up sheet for that. Wednesday, October 17th.
Wednesday Night Fellowship + Kids Program:
WEDNESDAY, 6-7:30pm. Come join us for an evening for every age! This is our first week for our Bible Studies. A great time to invite new people. The children will be learning about how Jesus rescues us. The adults will be able to study prayer through the Scriptures. We are looking forward to seeing you there.
Operation Christmas Child:
Today I want us to think about Natalia's story. This is an amazing story about what God can do through this one small gift. Growing up in a remote village in Europe's most economically deprived country, Natalia faced many challenges and felt lonely at school. She shares how receiving a shoebox gift was the start of a very special journey for her and her family during the toughest of times. Make sure to watch the video below.
Fall Festival Meetings:
Monday, October 15 at 6pm at the church (for the planning committee) AND Sunday, October 21 after church for everyone who plans to volunteer.
Fall Festival:
Saturday, October 27 from 2-6pm. We need all hands on deck to help us put on this community event! We need volunteers to help set up, execute and tear down. We also need people to donate candy or little toy treats. Please talk to Chelsea about the ways you want to get involved.
SoCal District Work & Witness Trip:
November 5-12, Puerto Rico, $1200. Check out the menifeechurch.org/missions for more information or talk to Chelsea if you have questions!
Offering:
To all those who give during out service or online, THANK YOU!!! The money you give goes to helping our community and the global church. If you missed giving this week, just visit our giving page here and give online.
We also are set up to receive Faith Promise through our online giving here just make sure that you select Faith Promise instead of general offering.
Tithing is a discipline that will strengthen your faith and the church cannot function properly without your support. If you consider Mount Carmel your church home, please pray about being obedient to the Lord in this way.
A Miracle in Moldova - Natalia's Story.
Copyright © |* Mount Carmel, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Mount Carmel Church of the Nazarene
10060 Carmel Mountain Road

San Diego, California 92129, United States
***

No comments:

Post a Comment