Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Stephen M. Miller in Olathe, Kansas, United States for Tuesday, 31 October 2017 "Map 1 or 2; your choice" by Stephen M. Miller - Bible blog of award-winning bestselling Christian author, Stephen M. Miller.

 Stephen M. Miller in Olathe, Kansas, United States for Tuesday, 31 October 2017 "Map 1 or 2; your choice" by Stephen M. Miller - Bible blog of award-winning bestselling Christian author, Stephen M. Miller.
"Map 1 or 2; your choice" by Stephen M. Miller
TWO MAPS, ONE PROBLEM. I couldn't decide which map to use to tell the story of Abraham's trip to Jerusalem to sacrifice his son Isaac. Cast your vote for this work in progress, if you would. Map by Stephen M. Miller.
I STRUGGLE
making Bible maps that show much detail at low elevations.
I’ve just spent several tough days making two maps of Abraham’s trip to Jerusalem. It’s the time he nearly sacrificed his son Isaac.
I deleted many other attempts, probably two dozen maps.
My problem is that NASA’s elevation data isn’t nearly as detailed for other countries as it is for the United States. The data is available, but not released. Go figure. So I do the best I can with the data I have. Yet it’s always frustrating when I’m trying to show you some low-to-the-ground views.
Weigh in
Below are a couple of maps I’ve added to Genesis 22 in the Casual English Bible. These are both scenes at a relatively low altitude. But they’re not as good as I’d like them to be.
I have two questions.
  1. Should I skip these low-altitude attempts and stick with higher altitude maps than look less clunky?
  2. If you think I should keep making these low-altitude maps, which of the two maps shown here do you find most helpful as you think about the story of Abraham and Isaac walking some 50 miles (80 km) on their three-day trip from Beersheba to what was probably Jerusalem?
I thank you, and my mother thanks you.
Oh, that reminds me. I’ll be releasing a new video soon. It’s an attempt to answer to the question of why men in Bible times married multiple wives and concubines.
Mom reminded me of the video not because she married into a harem, but because I often mention in her my videos. I end them by asking people who like the video to please give it a thumbs up because “my mother counts them.”
Peace to you.
The post Map 1 or 2; your choice appeared first on Stephen M. Miller. 
Recent Articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment