Monday, October 23, 2017

The Deaf Devo - The Deaf Mission of Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Monday, 23 October 2017 "Praise Him!"

The Deaf Devo - The Deaf Mission of Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States for Monday, 23 October 2017 "Praise Him!"Psalm 148:1 Halleluyah!
Praise Adonai from the heavens!
Praise him in the heights!
2 Praise him, all his angels!
Praise him, all his armies!
3 Praise him, sun and moon!
Praise him, all shining stars!
4 Praise him, highest heaven,
and waters above the heavens!
5 Let them praise the name of Adonai;
for he commanded, and they were created.
6 He established them forever and ever;
he has given a law to which they must conform.
7 Praise Adonai from the earth,
sea monsters and watery depths,
8 fire and hail, snow and mist,
storm-winds that obey his word,
9 mountains and every hill,
fruit trees and all cedars,
10 wild animals and all livestock,
creeping reptiles, flying birds,
11 kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers on earth,
12 young men and women alike,
old men and children.
13 Let them praise the name of Adonai,
for his name alone is exalted;
his glory is above both earth and heaven.
14 He has increased the power of his people,
granted praise to all his faithful,
to the descendants of Isra’el,
a people close to him.
Halleluyah!
-------
I left home on a sunny day to run some errands. When I finished my list of errands, I started for home. In the distance I could see dark clouds. As I drove on, the sky became totally black. When I was about halfway home, the storm hit. It did not start with just a few sprinkles. The wind and rain happened all at once.
As I continued driving, I started to pray. It was raining so hard that I could not see the road well. Finally I saw a driveway and pulled off of the road. The wind rocked my car, and it started hailing, so I prayed even harder. Then suddenly I stopped crying out for help. Instead, I started praising God and thanking Him for helping me find the driveway and keeping me safe.
The word "praise" is used 18 times in Psalm 148. The writer of this psalm listed many things that he could praise God for. Psalm 148:13 talks about praising and honoring God. "Praise the Lord's name forever! Honor his name forever! His name is greater than any other. He is more glorious than heaven and earth."
Maybe you will face some difficult situations today, and you will ask God to help you. Don't forget to praise Him and thank Him for His help and guidance.
-------
Watch latest Deaf Devo in ASL on:




The Deaf Missions

No comments:

Post a Comment